Monday, August 8, 2011

Umbrella Obsession

Late summer evening showers are one of my all time favorite things in the world.  They pop up out of no where and can be fast and furious!  Usually, I like to be snuggled up on my sofa (with some awesome reality tv on!) or already cozy in bed but sometimes that just doesn't happen!  Lately it seems like I have been stranded out in the middle of the storm. 

Case in point, every Thursday evening all spring and summer our lovely little town of Bluffton, SC holds a local farmers market.  I will never be able to fully gush appropriately about how amazing this is!  There's live music, locally grown produce, homemade pastas and raviolis, freshly fried shrimp and oysters, and of course cold beer on tap.  All of our friends meet up there and the kids play on the playground while we catch up and buy our goodies for the week.  However, as the summer goes on and grows steamier, the thunderstorm probability has gone through the roof.  The girls and I have fallen victims to the storms one too many times (you should have seen the day I had to stop in the local clothing boutique to buy a dry outfit-yes it was that bad!) and now I have my solution! 

Yes, I know, it's an umbrella and that's a no brainer.  Here's the thing, it's a 60" umbrella that we can all huddle under and it doesn't have a golf or corporate logo on it!!!  Thank heavens!  It also has a girlie touch cause it's my favorite color (PINK!) though we have it in black, white, royal blue, red, yellow and even orange!  You can add your monogram in any of our fonts or do the last name of the fam.  How about showing some school spirit and using the team colors and initials?  Just a thought, probably need to do a UGA one for us...football is right around the corner!  Wait until all of those obsessions arrive!  Until then, stay cool and dry.....and personalized!

No comments:

Post a Comment